I've already answered what seems to be the burning question, will Microlite74 continue now that legal TSR-era PDFs are returning in this post: Publication of Microlite74 Will Continue. However, the return of TSR-era PDFs has made me rethink my plans for the RetroRoleplaying web site in 2013.
I originally planned the RetroRoleplaying web site as a hub of information on old school games -- especially TSR-era D&D -- that would help people figure out what old school products they wanted to try to hunt up on ebay or buy as PDFs. With the withdraw of TSR era PDFs 3-4 years ago, I sort of lost interest in this idea. With the return of the PDFs, I am considering it again. Although, this would take a back seat to my game design work.
Here's what I'm hoping to do with the RetroRoleplaying web site during 2013. Please note that these are my current ideas and plans -- nothing is set in stone.
* Move the current Microlite74 forum from its home on microlite74.com back to retroroleplaying.com. All the current M74 material and topics will continue.
* New forum areas with topics on TSR-era material would be added so people can comment on/review TSR-era products without having to buy another copy on DNDclassics/RPGNow to do so. Many of us "grognards" already have copies and have actually playing them. This will provide a place where we can provide this expertise to new people.
* The planned Microlite20 file download area will be incorporated to retroroleplaying.com instead of Microlite74.com. The files are already available here.
* The forum software may switch to PHPBB from SMF. While I like SMF better (a lot better), there is a Drupal mod that would allow me to fully integrate a phpbb3 forum into the site. There is nothing like that available for smf2.
* I'd like expand eventually expand coverage to some of my favorite non-D&D old school games (e.g. classic Traveller, Runequest 2, Gamma World, Ysgarth, etc.), but give the flood of D&D PDFs expected this year, I doubt this is likely in 2013.
Comments and ideas are welcome.
Personal Note: I haven't been nearly as active this month as I had planned to be. We had medical issues this month. It turned out to be much ado about nothing (Thank God!) but this ate up most of my free time and a lot of money we don't have over the list 20 days or so. (Retro-Roleplaying Cancer Fund donations would be much appreciated.) I've made no real progress on the two M74 Companions this month, but Gryphons and Grammyre is about ready for its first public beta. I just need to rewrite the races section. G&G just took less brainpower to work on.