As I have switched my personal rules to Swords & Wizardry, I am revisiting my ideas for For Gold and Glory. Instead of being a personalized version of Microlite74, it is going to be an "Old School" variant of Microlite20. Unlike Microlite74 which was designed to recreate "Original D&D" in M20, For Gold and Glory will be a variant of D&D 3.x with the following major design goals:
* to be usable with most 3.x materials (just as M20 is)
* to have an old school feel in play
* to make fighters as interesting as other classes in 3.x
Some of the features that will set For Gold & Glory apart from other M20 variants:
* Separation of wounds (which heal slowly and make activity harder) and hit points which recover quickly without much increase in combat complexity.
* No skill lists.
* Fighters get combat stunts which should help keep them interesting to play at all levels
* Characters can have a player defined background which gives the character additional areas of expertise. GMs can give characters additional backgrounds during play to simulate things like D20 prestige classes.
* Use D20 spell and monster lists.
The first draft of For Gold and Glory should be ready soon. Like Microlite74, For Gold & Glory will be a free download.