The .doc format version of Swords & Wizardry is being pulled from Lulu. When I tried to get a copy this afternoon, I ended up with a .pdf file instead of a .doc file. I figured I had just done something wrong and reported it to Matt. When Matt looked into it, he discovered that while Lulu accepts files in .doc format, they automagically convert them to pdfs for download. Opps. That defeats the whole purpose of providing the .doc file -- providing a file that people can edit with their own house rules before printing. Matt is pulling the file from Lulu and will try to find another way to make it available as soon as he can. I'll report the new way to get it when its available. If you got a ".doc" copy from Lulu, contact Matt and he'll email you the .doc file you were supposed to receive.
On a more positive note, I've skimmed through the "final" rules this evening and am very impressed. Matt has done a great job with Swords & Wizardry. (It would make a great source of detailed spell and monster descriptions for Microlite74 too.)